As I was sitting here today I was trying to come up with some inspiration as to what to write for a blog post…we are still waiting for our kitchen, and while over the next week I will be sewing some throw pillows, and Charles will be making a large picture frame, I didn’t have any current posts to write about!
I was entertaining the idea of going back through old photos and seeing if there was anything I had not yet blogged about when I found myself chatting with my sister-in-law, Susi, about going shopping in Calgary and perusing some of the designer stores and “dreaming big” because I have this goal of getting a really nice, potentially designer, leather bag before I turn 30.
Boom! Inspiration! I have a short bucket list of things to do before I turn 30, and being that I will be 25 this year, I deemed it fitting to write it all down and share it with you, so here goes! In no particular order…
1) Complete a tough mudder! An 18-20km race riddled with both physically and mentally challenging obstacles? Not everyone’s cup of tea but I dream of the challenge! This year, in only 2 more short weeks, I am taking on my first 5k Spartan Race and while I may not have even completed it yet I already have the thirst for more!
Photo from and courtesy of www.toughmudder.com
2. Get Married – hah! Hopefully…every time I say I want to get married before 30 Charles just laughs at me and says “we’ll see”…he likes to keep me guessing, the jerk hahaha. This year our kitchen came first however and rightfully so ;)
3. Own a high quality, potentially designer, leather bag – Now that we have the two major ones out of the way how about some frivolity? There’s just something about a “goes with everything”, timeless, leather bag that screams luxurious and grown up to me and I want to be a part of that club hahaha. I’m particularly loving Coach at the moment, however not those ones riddled with the logo, yikes (no offense to those who like them). I’m digging this one…the
Bleecker Sullivan Hobo in Pebbled Leather <3<3<3
Photo courtesy of Coach
4. Get drunk while camping – After one “grown up dream” how about a ridiculous childish one? Having grown up in the city we didn’t go camping much, and certainly not back in my wild teen days. I would love to one day go camping for the weekend, without children, and just drink, have a bonfire, and be slightly reckless ;)
5. Go on a girls vacation – I think it would be so much fun to get together with some of my best female friends and go on a vacation! Be it to somewhere beachy like Mexico or the Bahamas, or going to Las Vegas; some cocktails, shopping, and girl talk is definitely in store! It’s the things movies are made of right?
6. Have our house in decent shape – I dream of finally being able to have our attic done, our kitchen finished, and the kids bedrooms dry walled and painted. The bathroom, basement, and exterior can wait, but I do long for those listed. Then again, even just proper flooring would be nice compared to our plywood! Hahahaha.
7. Get my two other tattoos – At the moment I have two lilies on the inside of my left forearm, and a single snowflake on my right. I dream of expanding on that snowflake tattoo to make it as big as the one on my left. I also have some ridiculous Japanese writing on my left ankle that I want to cover up with a gorgeous owl tattoo!
8. Be well on our way to retiring at 40! – This is a running “joke” with Charles and I and yet we also mean it with dead seriousness. We really do dream of “retiring” at 40; not necessarily doing nothing for the rest of our lives, but being in a position where we are financially set up and stable that we no longer have to “go to work”, do the 9-5, etc. Whether it be Charles having his own business with construction that he just has to occasionally supervise, or even if our spa business builds up it’s clientele and employees so we also just have to supervise that. Perhaps even some other unknown factor will come up, but we are putting it into the universe that it will happen! Just wait till you see everything I want to accomplish in my 40’s once that does happen lol!
Well….that’s honestly about it. While I may only have 8 things left I want to accomplish before I’m 30, I like to think a lot of them are quite grand achievements and, to be honest, I’m extremely proud of how much I have accomplished so far in only 25 years, but that’s another list to come, maybe around my birthday ;)
What is on your bucket list before 30? Or what did you accomplish if you are already 30+? Feel free to share in the comments below!